– 'All things that live long', Inyuvesi yaka Buyaphi, Soweto (SA)
– 'Revenir et dire ça', *DUUU Radio, Paris (FR)
– 'A voice message project', Bern (CH)
– 'Lokalisation', Spieglerey, Zürich (CH)
– 'Don't turn the light on', Underbanen, Copenhagen (DK)
– 'Values of deconstruction/Werte der Dekonstruktion, Stadtgalerie Chur (CH)
– 'Kulturnacht Surselva', Ilanz, (CH)
– 'I love it like I love things you maybe shouldn't love', Silicon Malley, Lausanne (CH)
– 'This be (de)construction', Soweto, Johannesburg (SA)
– 'ARCHIV—80 Jahre Bündner Kunst', Bündner Kunstmuseum, Chur (CH)
– 'It Is As Though We Look To See', Project Space Zeltweg, Zürich (CH)
– 'Manifesta 11: What people do for money—some joint ventures', Cabaret Voltaire, Zürich (CH)
– 'The Dube Hostel Intervention—Photography In Context', Soweto, Johannesburg (SA)
– '1 2 3 4 5 Hesitant Autonomy' Graduationshow Gerrit Rietveld Academy, Amsterdam (NL)
– 'Are you alive or not?—looking at art through the lens of theater', Brakke Grond, Amsterdam (NL),
– House of the Spoof Collective Bronx, New York (US)
– 'Group Show' Galerie De Vishal, Haarlem (NL)
– 'Extended past movements', Gerrit Rietveld Academy, Amsterdam (NL)
2018 – Inyuvesi yaka Buyaphi, Soweto (SA)
2017 – Trackside Creative, Soweto (SA)
2017 – Essay ‘The deconstruction of the flats in Dube Hostel’ published by Homeless Talk issue April 2017, page 7
2016 – Essay ‘The Dube Hostel Intervention’ in collaboration with Buyaphi Mdledle published by Homeless Talk issue July 2016, page 6
2015 – Essay 'Towards Unknown Territory', self published (short-listed for the GRA Thesis Award)
2018-2020 – Master in Contemporary Art Practice, Hochschule der Künste, Bern (CH)
2012-2015 – Bachelor in Fine Arts, Gerrit Rietveld Academy, Amsterdam (NL)
2011-2012 – Foundation Year, Hochschule für Design und Kunst, Luzern (CH)
2017- – Precart Collective with Lotte van der Woude, Eline Tsvetkova and Kristian M. Meyer
2018 – Reading for 'LiteraturTelefon', Zürich (CH)
2017 – Programme and Concept Development, Assistant to Nthabiseng Letsoso at Trackside Creative for 'L.E.T.S Create Youth Programme', Johannesburg (SA)
2016 – Project management assistant and research coordinator at the Market Photo Workshop, Johannesburg (SA)
2015 – Performing the 'Disappearing Canape' an intervention by Clare Butcher for the Sommerakademie Zentrum Paul Klee, Bern (CH)
2013 – Socratic Art & Research Lab, LLança (SP)
Art related work experience and practice
Flurina Casty studied fine arts at the Gerrit Rietveld Academy in Amsterdam and completed her Bachelor degree in 2015.
Using the voice as her main medium, her vocal performance relates to a specific surrounding and the experience of place. With the means at hand, she engages in layered storytelling, sometimes referring directly to the environments or to representations of those.
Every text engages with reflections on her frequently mundane experiences, yet illustrates underlying metaphors referring to prevailing topics connected to the place.
In her monologues appropriated texts fragments from transcribed interviews, speeches and news articles merge with her thoughts. In her stories she often uses language structures and visual elements borrowed from riddles, tales and fables.
For the past three years she has exhibited in different art spaces in Switzerland and abroad including several projects and collaborations in Soweto, South Africa namely 'Buyaphi University', 'After School Art Project' and 'Trackside Creative'.
In 2017 together with Kristian M. Meyer, Lotte van der Woude and Eline Tsvetkova they founded 'Precart Collective' an international collective for art and knowledge.
She's currently studying at the HKB a Master in Contemporary Arts Practice.
17th of January 2019 22:00-00:00:
Live on Radio RaBe reading 'THEY' for 'Art's Brithday' with Y-Institut, Bern
24/25 August 2019: 'Zur Frohen Aussicht' kuratiert von Josiane Imhasly, Ernen