– ''Flow'' 'ACT Performance Festival', Messe, Basel (CH) -- performance
– ''Flow'' (ort), Gerliswilstrasse 23, Emmenbrücke (CH) -- performance
– ''Flow'' 'ACT Performance Festival', GZ Wipkingen, Zürich (CH) -- performance
– ''Flow'' 'Alphabets' Kulturfolger, Idastrasse 46, Zürich (CH) -- performance
– ''Flow'' 'Excentricités', FRAC Franche-Comté, Besançon (FR) -- performance
– ''Flow'' 'ACT Performance Festival', Théatre Saint Gervais, Geneva (CH) -- performance
– ''They'' 'Art's Birthday' Radio RaBe and Y-Insitut, Bern (CH) -- radio piece
– ''All things that live long'', Inyuvesi yaka Buyaphi, Soweto (SA) -- performance/photo exhibition
– ''The tortoise and the tree'' 'Revenir et dire ça', *DUUU Radio, Paris (FR) -- radio performance
– ''Tiny pieces of brown plastic once wrapped around your index finger'' 'A voice message project', Bern (CH) -- audio piece
– ''Limmatmära'' 'Lokalisation', Spieglerey, Zürich (CH) -- performance
– ''Tiny pieces of brown plastic once wrapped around your index finger'' 'Don't turn the light on', Underbanen, Copenhagen (DK) -- performance
– ''Scatla'', 'Werte der Dekonstruktion' Stadtgalerie Chur (CH) -- performance
– ''Values of Deconstruction'' 'Werte der Dekonstruktion' Stadtgalerie Chur (CH) -- performance
– ''Werte der Dekonstruktion'', Stadtgalerie Chur (CH) -- solo exhibition
– 'Kulturnacht Surselva', Ilanz, (CH) -- performance
– 'I love it like I love things you maybe shouldn't love', Silicon Malley, Lausanne (CH) -- performance
– ''This be (de)construction'', Trackside Creative, Soweto, Johannesburg (SA) -- performance
– 'ARCHIV—80 Jahre Bündner Kunst', Bündner Kunstmuseum, Chur (CH) -- performance
– 'It Is As Though We Look To See', Project Space Zeltweg, Zürich (CH) -- exhibition/performance
– ''Limmatmära'' 'Manifesta 11: What people do for money—some joint ventures', Cabaret Voltaire, Zürich (CH) -- performance
– ''The Dube Hostel Intervention—Photography In Context'', Soweto, Johannesburg (SA)
– '1 2 3 4 5 Hesitant Autonomy' Graduationshow Gerrit Rietveld Academy, Amsterdam (NL)
– 'Are you alive or not?—looking at art through the lens of theater', Brakke Grond, Amsterdam (NL),
– House of the Spoof Collective Bronx, New York (US)
– 'Group Show' Galerie De Vishal, Haarlem (NL)
– 'Extended past movements', Gerrit Rietveld Academy, Amsterdam (NL)
2018 – Inyuvesi yaka Buyaphi, Soweto (SA)
2017 – Trackside Creative, Soweto (SA)
2017 – Essay ‘The deconstruction of the flats in Dube Hostel’ published by Homeless Talk issue April 2017, page 7
2016 – Essay ‘The Dube Hostel Intervention’ published by Homeless Talk issue July 2016, page 6
2015 – Essay 'Towards Unknown Territory', self published (short-listed for the GRA Thesis Award)
2018- – Master in Contemporary Art Practice, Hochschule der Künste, Bern (CH)
2012-2015 – Bachelor in Fine Arts, Gerrit Rietveld Academy, Amsterdam (NL)
2011-2012 – Foundation Year, Hochschule für Design und Kunst, Luzern (CH)
2017- – Precart Collective with Lotte van der Woude, Eline Tsvetkova and Kristian M. Meyer
2019 – Cover design for the hip hop EP 'Spirit Scream' by Shorty Skilz
2018 – Reading for 'LiteraturTelefon', Zürich (CH)
2017 – Programme and Concept Development, Assistant to Nthabiseng Letsoso at Trackside Creative for 'L.E.T.S Create Youth Programme', Johannesburg (SA)
2016 – Project management assistant and research coordinator at the Market Photo Workshop, Johannesburg (SA)
2015 – Performing the 'Disappearing Canape' an intervention by Clare Butcher for the Sommerakademie Zentrum Paul Klee, Bern (CH)
2013 – Socratic Art & Research Lab, LLança (SP)
Flurina Casty is a spoken-word performer. Through descriptive, sometimes lyrical storytelling and fresh metaphors she builds colorful sites and situations in the spectators mind. Her performances absorb audiences and take them on an imaginative journey, through unique concepts and places, only to break the order by a sudden movement or an unforeseen gesture.
Thus, her performances not only work to imagine but to emphasize the present moment; by juxtaposing the representation of space through language with the environment of the performance, which she often refers to by means of gestures.
Her stories explore the notion of absence, memory, modes of contemplation and meaning.
Currently she investigates three sites, such as abandoned structures wherever she encounters them, an almost desolated village in the rural area of the Alps and bodies of water, like the river, the lake and the sea.
Ideally, most of her performances occur in public spaces, with a particular focus on man made structures and environments, which have certain significance in relation to the story she's telling.
She performs texts in English and Swiss-German, depending on the context in which the performances take place.
Furthermore, Flurina Casty's artistic practice extends into collaborations with art and community projects all around.
She has worked together with a number of independent projects in South Africa, such as 'Buyaphi University' an outdoors Sunday school and community center, 'After School Art Project' an incubator programme for youth-entrepreneurs and 'Trackside Creative' a creative and cultural hub in Soweto.
In 2017 together with Kristian M. Meyer, Lotte van der Woude and Eline Tsvetkova they founded 'precart collective'. They organized a first conference, including a workshop, a film-screening, performances, interventions and an exhibition in 2018.
They are now in the process of determining a path of the collective…
22 May 2019 ''Flow'', 'Jahresausstellung CAP', Schwabstrasse 10, Bern (CH) -- performance
24 August 2019 'Zur Frohen Aussicht', Ernen (CH) -- performance
Performance 'Flow' in Kulturfolger 2019
Sculptures by Jonas Etter